Saturday, October 9, 2010

Remlinger Farm

This afternoon we headed to Remlinger Farms to join in our neighborhood picnic and fall celebration. We had never been to the "farm" before, and while I'm sure there actually is a pumpkin patch somewhere, we never saw it. Instead, we had a blast going on all the kid friendly rides and spending time with friends and neighbors.

Grace totally surprised me. A year ago she was afraid of those little rides outside of stores that you put quarters in. Today she ran from ride to ride and LOVED every one! Charlie was a little more timid, and with all of his recent throwing up issues, we certainly didn't encourage him to go on anything that moved too fast or spun too much.

Grace and Jeff on the pumpkin ride
Grace and her friend Jayden waiting to go on a ride...I think this is so sweet!
Merry-go-Round!
On the train ride after lunch with Julia and Reese
This handsome little guy drove me around in his antique car.
Grace and Julia took Julia's mom and sister for a ride, too!
Grace's face cracks me up in this picture. I think it's the perfect expression for this cut out!
Grace and Julia loving the thrill of the roller coaster. (Grace says this was her favorite ride.)
Charlie was totally terrified the whole time he rode the roller coaster but didn't cry until it was over. Jeff took him on the ride and as soon as they got off, I could hear Charlie crying and saying, "I need Mommy."
It was such a fun day and a tradition we hope to continue. I have to say though, we're still going to need a "real" pumpkin patch excursion this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment