As soon as we left the room, this is the conversation we heard:
G: "Charlie, do you want me to come snuggle with you for a few minutes?
C: "No. Not supposed to get out of bed, Gracie."
G: "Do you want me to come snuggle? Yes or No?
C: "No."
C: "No."
G: "Okay." Pause for 3 seconds. "Charlie, do you want to come snuggle with me for a few minutes?
C: "No."
G: "Okay."
He must have changed his mind. I could hear talking on the monitor just now, so I went up to peek. Both kids are snuggled into Grace's bed looking at books. Grace is quite wound up "reading" to Charlie, but he looks very sleepy. I told them that was fine to read together for a little bit, but when he got tired, Charlie should go back to his bed. Grace just looked up and said, "It's okay, Mom. He can sleep with me just for tonight." I think she really likes having a buddy in her room!!

Hopefully they'll go to sleep at some point tonight!
UPDATE: About an hour later all was quiet, and this is what I found.
Aww... we did the same thing right before Casey was born! Jacob and Gavin were super chatty and there were some sleepless nights at first... but the new-ness of it all eventually wore off. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is adorable!!! I sure hope you caught Charlie, though, before he fell out! :) They will have some great memories...and probably a few sleepy days after staying up chatting!
ReplyDelete