I took Grace and Charlie to have their pictures taken today. I knew the outing had potential for being a challenge, so my mom came along for reinforcement. That ended up being a very good thing because it was quite an adventure. Getting two kids out of the house is still a challenge for me, but getting two kids out of the house looking picture ready was even harder. Luckily everyone was quite cooperative at this point and we only left a little later than I had planned. Grace had perfect pigtales, the clothes were ironed and ready to be changed into once we got there, and everyone was still in a good mood. We ended up arriving a few minutes late, the pigtales were no longer in tact, the bows were lost, and I was starting to feel a little frazzled. My mom took Grace in while I got Charlie out of the car, and as soon as she walked through the door she went into total meltdown. I'm not sure what caused it, but the tears came and did not stop. I quickly got Charlie changed, my mom somehow managed to put Gracie's shirt on, and I attempted to put her pigtails back in. Unfortunately, I underestimated my brute strength and broke one of the ponytail holders in the process. So now Gracie's face is bright red, she's still crying hysterically, her hair is a mess and has one bow barrette in (which I later realized I put in upside down!), and the photographer has just a few minutes left for our session. She took a few shots of just Charlie and we were done. We're going to attempt a reshoot next week.
When we got back to my mom's house, I thought I'd at least try and get a snapshot of the kids. After all, I had put a lot of work into getting them ready! However by this point Charlie was hungry and tired, so this is the one and only photo taken of them today.

My mom also took this picture of Grace which I think is really cute. (Please notice the upside down bow!)
No comments:
Post a Comment