Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Parenthood

I went to bed last night so thankful to be a mom. This is not that unusual, but considering the circumstances, it surprised me a little that I was enjoying it so much. It's been an interesting few days. Jeff traveled last week for work. Evidently that put Grace over her limit for the amount of change she was able to handle at one time because she found a new alter ego...cranky girl. (I MUCH prefer her "nakey girl" alter ego!) It was a tough few days, but mostly because I felt badly for her. It must be really hard to have so many emotions and not have the words to express them. I'm happy to say that once Jeff returned home, sweet spunky Grace returned and things were back to normal.

Then Charlie woke up with one eye completely glued shut...pink eye had struck!! How does a two week old get pink eye? Well, my best guess is that it could have been connected to the several times that "cranky girl" poked him in the eye. Or, it could be from the fact that he spits up through his nose and somehow bacteria got into his tear duct. I'm not sure, but it's cleared up now and so far the rest of us have managed to keep infection free. Well, mostly.

Yesterday Grace woke up with a nasty cold and fever. By late afternoon, she was throwing up and completely miserable. So, as I went to bed last night, I was completely exhausted and sure that the night would hold many hours of comforting Grace, cleaning up vomit, and feeding Charlie every few hours. This is why my feelings of being so thankful to be a mom surprised me a little. I LOVE taking care of my kids no matter how challenging or exhausting it may get.

I am happy to report that Grace was not up all night. In fact, she slept all night long and woke up feeling much better, and Charlie woke to eat only once for the third night in a row! God is good!! =)




Okay, that was a lot of writing. I know you're here for the pictures, so here are a few random ones.
This is NOT cranky girl.

1 comment:

  1. oh man your week sounds like no fun. I am deathly afraid for the time to come that Myles has to travel for work and I only have 1 kid!

    ReplyDelete