Saturday, November 28, 2009

We Give Thanks

This year we began a new Thanksgiving tradition. Each night at dinner for the week leading up to Thanksgiving, we each shared something we were thankful for. These things were written on leaves and added to our Thanksgiving Tree. Grace really got into it and came up with things she was thankful for throughout the day. She did such a good job of reminding us to be thankful for the little things...tomatoes (which she doesn't like), forks, baths, and so on. Charlie was all about "people" (and I use that term loosely!) Elmo, Ernie, and all of his grandparents made his list. It was a fun way to spend time thinking about all the ways we've been blessed, and I hope we will continue it on for many years.

1 comment:

  1. what a great idea! we might have to borrow this one next year. I have seen putting slips of paper in a blow but I like tree much better.

    ReplyDelete