Thanksgiving is a three day event for our family. Day 2 is Noodle Night. Every year my Mom makes homemade broth from the turkey carcass, then her and my sister roll out enough noodles to feed over 20 people. Friday morning, the kids and I went over to "help" make the noodles.
It really was all about playing in the flour for both kids.

Watching Grandma roll out the dough was pretty exciting, too!

Grace actually got quite good at rolling the dough through the machine. She had her own piece that went through about 30 times.


I had to leave with Charlie before the noodles were cut, but I understand that when they were all complete, just about every square inch of Grace and the kitchen were covered in flour.

Grandma and Charlie pose by the noodles

That's a lot of noodles!!
Into the broth! It took 3 big pots to cook all these noodles.
Noodle night is not just about the noodles. It is one of of the only times all year that we get together with most of my Mom's side of the family. Grace and Charlie absolutely adore my cousin's kids, Emily and Katie. Grace was talking about them coming to visit weeks ahead of time. Charlie especially loved playing with Emily, and I think the feeling was mutual.

Looks like fun, and a great activity to do at Grandma's :)
ReplyDelete