Saturday, November 28, 2009

Pizza Night

The third, and final, gathering of Thanksgiving weekend is Pizza Night. Every year we spend the evening at my Uncle Brooks and Aunt Dorothy's house and enjoy the best pizza on Earth. Seriously. I guess I've never been to Italy, so I can't say for sure it's the best on Earth, but it's at least the best in the state of Washington.

Some of my fondest childhood memories involve cooking with my Uncle Brooks, and I love that this tradition is continuing on with my kids.

This year all the girl cousins got new aprons. How cute! (Thanks, Christina!)

Grace making her pizza with Christina

Blowing on it to cool it down

Yummy!!

I asked Grace if she would share some of her pizza with Charlie. At first she told me he could just have her crusts. After she was full, she gave in and let him have one piece.

Uncle Brooks opened a special bottle of wine.

See the date? It was bottled the same year that Kate and I were born. That's some OLD wine! =) (We took a picture of the two of us drinking the wine, but it's on her camera, so you'll have to check her blog!)

Over a year ago, I ate the most amazing dessert at a restaurant. It was a calzone filled with Nutella. I've been thinking about it ever since then, and tonight, Uncle Brooks recreated it for me! It was even better than the original because he made homemade chocolate sauce to drizzle over the top. I wish I had taken a picture, but I was much too busy devouring it. Yummmmmmmmy.

It was another fun night of spending time with family that we don't get to see often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment