Let's start with Grace.
She has two new favorite words: never and ever. As in, "No! Never!" and "No way! Not ever!" Her simple two year old "NO" has had a very sophisticated three year old makeover. It's hard not to laugh when she tests to see what will happen if she responds in such a way. Until she does it over and over. Then it gets a lot easier not to laugh.On the other hand, she is learning that there are much more appropriate ways of getting our attention. She has recently started coming up out of the blue, wrapping her arms around me and saying in her sweetest, most sincere voice, "I love you Mommy."
She is also showing her tender side toward Charlie. If he cries when I leave the room (yes, we're still in that stage), she has been known to hug him and say "It's okay. Mommy always comes back." She has also been known to do things like put barrettes in his hair when I'm out of eyesight. 
No update would be complete without a few funny Grace stories, so here you go!
The other day Grace was walking around singing, "I don't like you. I don't like you." I said to her, "Those aren't nice words," and she quickly responded, "I'm just talking about onions!"
Grace usually plays in her room while I'm getting Charlie down for his nap. Last week, she had a new haircut, and I could hear her talking into her mirror saying, "Oh, thank you! I just wanted to look nice for playgroup."
I recently heard Grace playing in the water in her bathroom which is often a sign of trouble. I went in to find one of Charlie's onesies in a sinkful of water. Gracie explained, "I'm just soaking it. I'm helping! I'm getting the stain out for you."
Now onto Charlie!
On Sunday, he took his first steps! He has taken a few each day since then, but seems to move one foot much more than the other. It causes him to move in circles rather than moving forward, but at least he's moving, right?!? I am anxious for him to really start walking so that we can play outside without him getting grass stains from scooting on him bottom, so I've been "encouraging" him to walk laps around the downstairs pushing his wagon to get the hang of moving both of his feet.
Charlie also has a new favorite word: cracker. All day long he chats away, "cracka! cracka! cracka!" Anything crunchy and slightly salty qualifies as a cracker, and he would eat all day long if I let him. What can I say? He takes after his mommy.Charlie is big time into "DADA!" right now. He knows when he hears the garage door open that Jeff is home. He scoots over to the door saying. "Dada! Dada! Dada!" all the way. He prefers Jeff to put his pajamas on at night, which I am SO thankful for because he is such a squirmer right now. He loves playing with Jeff, and it's so fun to watch their bond strengthen.

Adorable update on both of them:) I'm so glad that we got to see you guys and play recently. We love your kiddos!!!
ReplyDelete