Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleepy Conversations

I should start this post out with a little history. All my life I've been an active talker in my sleep. My dreams often spill out into awake time. There was the instance when I was a little girl that I woke my parents up holding on tightly to a rolled up piece of blanket sure there was a snake hidden inside. Then in college my roommate woke up to find me walking around our dorm room picking up clothes because "the boys are coming over". On our honeymoon, I woke Jeff up in the middle of the night to ask him if he had walked the dog. We didn't even own a dog at the time. The stories could go on and on. I'm always good entertainment at a sleepover!



Its starting to look like I've passed this trait onto Grace. She often comes into our bed in the early morning to finish up her night's sleep. She has been having some funny things to say lately as she wakes up. Last week she awoke with, "I helped Daddy! I helped him put the top on!" When I asked her what she had helped him put the top on she said, "The Lollipop! But we couldn't find the bottom."



A few nights ago, Grace was standing at the edge of my bed in the middle of the night. I told her she needed to go back to her bad, and she replied, "See you in the MORN-ING! I just wanted to come tell you that!" Then she went back to her bed to sleep.



Yesterday she woke up crying and yelling, "Give it back! Give it back!" Jeff and I, who had both been sound asleep, were totally confused about what she wanted back. "The remote! The remote! The one you turn the channels on the TV with!" I explained to her that there was no remote in the bed, and that we don't even have a TV in the room, but she would not let it go. "I want it baaaaack!" I told her it was just a dream, but she absolutely would not believe me. At this point, Charlie woke up, so I left to get him, and by the time I got back she was sound asleep again.



This is what she looks like when she's sleeping soundly in her own bed. There's hardly room for her in there with all those dolls! Maybe that's who she's been talking to in her sleep. =)
(When I was a little girl, I slept on the floor because my dolls and stuffed animals all needed space in my bed. Like mother, like daughter, I guess!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment