So, here we are. It's October. The last time I posted it was June. I skipped an entire season! There is good reason. Our summer was busy, busy, busy and so. much. fun. School has been in session now for just over a month and I already long for those days of summer when we could just wake up and decide what fun that day would hold. We spent a lot of time playing at parks and beaches, picking berries, going to the zoo, meeting friends for picnics, running through the sprinkler in the backyard, and going for long walks and bike/scooter rides. I'm laughing at myself right now because that's how I remember it already, but in reality, I know that our summer also held plenty of sibling bickering, illness (even a trip for Charlie to Children's Hospital), and afternoons of whiny kids. But it really was a sweet, sweet time with my family.
There's no way I can go back at this point and write detailed posts of all the highlights, so here, instead, are the some of the best memories in pictures...
A June trip to Seabrook, WA with just a few of our dearest friends..
A vacation to Chelan with the Walters crew...
Our annual July 4th Neighborhood celebration...
The birth of my sweet new nephew, Carson
Fun with friends...
(This is quite possibly one of my favorite pictures ever!)
A week on the Oregon Coast with the Gledhill clan...
(And a stop to visit Nana Bea on the way.)
And just like that, summer was over! I can't believe how fast it flew by! Now onto fall!!
No comments:
Post a Comment