Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Day of School

It's been a big day at our house! Charlie started his first year of preschool and Grace headed off to kindergarten! I'm proud to say that I survived both drop-offs and only got a little emotional once.  First up, my BIG preschooler...

(I blurred the name of his school and teachers because I'm overly paranoid like that!)



 He was so excited to head in! He kept talking about all the things he was going to do "just like Gracie did last year." Having been to the school with Grace so many times definitely made this an easy transition!
 He settle right in to play with some "gak". His amazing teachers made it instead of play dough for the class because they new Charlie can't do play dough because of the gluten. LOVE them!! When he got home from school, he told me that he didn't remember what he did there, but they didn't draw maps and they didn't ask him about his summer. I had told them last night that his teachers might ask about his summer and he had his answer all ready. :) He did say that he "really, really loved school," so that's a good sign!
 While Charlie was at school, Grace got ready to head off to kindergarten! She was very happy to have her picture taken...






 We headed off to the school and got there about 10 minutes early. It was a good thing that we did because we hadn't been there more than 60 seconds when they took the kids into their classroom! I covered Grace in way too many kisses and watched her walk off into the big kid school. (That may have been the moment the waterworks began.) All the parents stood around wondering, "is that it?!?!" I wish we could have gone in and seen her get settled in, but it was kind of like ripping a band-aid off, and probably a good thing we didn't all stand around gushing. She's there now, but I'm sure she's having a great time and can't wait to see her smiling face in 93 minutes...not that I'm counting or anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment