
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Swimming Lessons
The kids started swimming lessons last week and are having a blast getting to play in the pool twice a week. Grace has come a long way from last year. She used to be afraid to put her face in the water, but now she spends the whole lesson bobbing in and out of the water. She is learning to float on her back by herself and float on her tummy while blowing water. 
This is Charlie's first time in swimming lessons, and he is loving it. His first lesson he shook the whole time (I'm not sure if he was cold or really nervous) and told me on the way home that he was done with swimming lessons. But his next lesson went great. He loves his teacher and had a smile on his face almost the whole time.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
so fun! swimming is such a great life skill to learn. Kudos to you on being able to handle 3 little ones, and getting 2 of them showered and dressed. I am completely overwhelmed handling 2 kids and only 1 of them wet at a time.
ReplyDeleteI do recommend ditching Charlie’s rash guard shirt. They are great for being out in the sun because you can use less sunscreen but in the cold pool the just get wet and then constantly evaporate off water keeping them very cold. I used to think that they would help keep Simon warmer until a swim instructor pointed out how cold it was making him. They do make neoprene vest and shirts that actually hold the water next to the skin keeping it warm but I bet if you have him swim with out the rash guard he will be fine.
Look at that tongue!!! I love how she is rolling it already. My little Chiara just discovered this skill and she does it when she is concentrating really hard. What fun.
ReplyDelete