Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

Today I had the privilege of attending a Mother's Tea at Grace's school. The kids did a play of "Brown Bear, Brown Bear," sang a song for us, and led us in a dance. Then they served us our snack and the teachers read some things the kids had said about their moms. It was such a special one-on-one time with my sweet girl..something we've been needing!


All the kids ready to perform Me and my big preschooler (This picture is the first time I've ever seen a resemblance between the two of us!)
Crazy monkey!

Grace and her friend Alexis in front of the mural the kids made for decoration

Funny girls!


And one with her friend Megan and Miss Jenn added in. Alexis and Megan are her best friends at school, and I hear about them all the time!


Grace and Kayla...friends since they were 1!

Grace and Alexa...Alexa is in the other class, but Grace LOVES her, and we're hoping they will be in the same class next year because they will both be in afternoon Kindergarten together.


Grace made me a button and magnet and gave me a paper with an interview about me. Her answers were too funny not to share...


1. What does your mom do while you're at school? She mostly takes care of the baby and just clean, clean, cleans. Moms's a cleaning lady. (Those of you who know me well know just how hilarious this is!)

2. What's your mom's name? How old do you think she is? Brook W*** with no "e". Some people call her Brookie-that's her real nickname. I think she is 22, no, I know she is. She told me!

3. What is her favorite food? Mashed potatoes that have all this stuff in them that I don't like. Grandma makes them.

4. If you had lots of money, what would you buy for her? A day off. (Woo-hoo!! Good answer, girl!) I wouldn't even have to pay. She could go see Grandma in Oregon. I am going to be a mom though-then a Grandma.

5. I know my mom loves me because she...gave me a card once that said, "I love you this much!"


And before you all start thinking she's just such a sweetie enamored with her mom, let me share a little song she made up last night. We had done a little devotional before bed, and the activity was to make up a song about all the good things God has done for you. This is what she came up with...


Thank you for my cute little baby

Thank you for Olivia

Thank you that I'm growing pretty and loving

Help Mommy grow that way, too

Thank you for my mommy

I want to snuggle all day tomorrow


Hmmm...not so sure how to take that one! :)

1 comment:

  1. Grace could have a career with her interview answers....people would pay to hear what she might say!!! She is so hilarious!

    ReplyDelete