Friday, February 11, 2011

Welcome Olivia!


Olivia Brooke
Born February 5, 2011 at 7:55 pm
9 pounds 12 ounces, 20 1/2 inches long

Last Saturday our LONG wait to meet our sweet Olivia finally came to an end. We were scheduled to go in for an induction early in the morning, but when we called, we were told there was no room for us. We were a little disheartened because the same thing happened to us with Charlie, and we ended up waiting 3 days to get in for the induction. Luckily our wait was much shorter this time, and at noon we got the call to come in. It was baby time!!
Once we were settled in and the pitocin started dripping, Jeff's parents brought the kids for a visit. While they were there, my contractions started becoming really painful, so as much as I loved the visit, I was a little relieved when they headed home and I headed for the epidural. :)
It only took about 2 hours from the time I was in "active" labor until it was time to deliver. Here is Jeff in his gloves waiting to CATCH THE BABY! Our midwife asked him if he wanted to deliver the baby, and at first he just laughed because he thought she was kidding. Once he realized she was serious, he jumped at the chance. I was a little concerned when I heard the midwife say, "It's okay. Even if you drop her, she'll just fall right here," as she pointed to the table below. But he didn't drop her. He caught her like a pro and put her right on my chest.

She weighed in at 9 pounds 11 ounces! I wasn't kidding when I told everyone she was going to be a big baby! And she is STRONG. Those little legs are extremely muscular. It's no wonder my ribs were so bruised! Of course Jeff was smitten from the start. I have almost this exact same picture of him and Grace. Not only is she big, she's LOUD, and as she got cleaned up, she let the world know of her arrival!

The kids came to visit again and were the first people to meet their baby sister. Unfortunately, Charlie had skipped his nap that afternoon and was beyond tired. I love that he's wearing his Big Brother shirt over his pajamas.

Olivia's first bath... After she was all cleaned up, Olivia got to meet a few family members who were still there.
The next day, Olivia got to spend more time with her big brother and sister, her grandparents, and her Uncle Ryan, Aunt Lindsay, and cousin Parker. I love these pictures of Charlie checking out his sister.
Our new family of five! Welcome Baby Olivia...we love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! welcome to the big baby girl club! remember, clara was 10.9, so I can relate with you! you guys look healthy, happy and wonderful! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete