The past few weeks have flown by. Olivia turned 3 weeks old today, but I could swear it was just 3 days ago that we brought her home from the hospital. I survived my first week alone with the three kids this week, although I can't say we left the house too much. Here's a little glimpse of what we've been up to.
Olivia spends most of her time lying around looking cute...




And even more time sleeping...

Grandma spent a week with us, and one afternoon she gave us a sewing lesson. She gave a sewing machine to Grace for Christmas and has been keeping it at her house because I had no clue had to use it. Now that she's given me a tutorial, the machine is here, and Grace and I have several plans for sewing projects.




The kids have spent several days in their pajamas, and their hair is rarely combed...but at least they're (mostly!) happy.

After I gave Olivia a bath one day, Grace and Charlie gave one of Grace's babies a bath of her own. They made a huge mess, but it kept them occupied for at least a half hour, so it was definitely worth it!


This week we were surprised with a big snow storm. (I don't think it surprised anyone else, but I haven't exactly been keeping up with the news lately.) We ended up with close to a foot of snow!
Grace got herself ready for the snow by herself...it was quite the ensemble!

I
absolutely love these pictures of Charlie in his snow gear. He totally reminds me of the kid from "The Christmas Story". He did not want his picture taken, but I think that just makes it cuter!

Grace and Charlie have had a lot of fun "playing" with Olivia. They both had really bad colds her first two weeks of life, and didn't get to spend a lot of time close to her. This week they felt better and can't get enough time with her!

One morning, they loaded her bouncy seat up with some friends for her to play with.

And perhaps the greatest success so far...

Olivia took her first bottle today!! Since Charlie NEVER took a bottle, I was thrilled that Olivia did it without complaint. I know all to well that a baby taking a bottle equals freedom for mommy!

Both of the kids loved helping feed her!
It's a busy, crazy time, but we're doing our best to soak in and enjoy these days!!
Love seeing all the pics!! What fun and cuteness! ...and hooray on the bottle!!!
ReplyDelete