Monday, December 6, 2010

Cookie Day!

It has become an annual tradition in our family to get together to make Christmas cookies at Grandma and Boppo's house. In the past, this has usually meant the kids helped long enough to have their picture taken then lost interest until it was time to eat the cookies. I clearly remember Kate and I spending several hours decorating cookies last year while the kids napped or cuddled with Grandma.

This year was a different story. The kids really wanted to be involved in every step of the process. They spent a long time cutting the dough into shapes and even longer decorating them. I really only decorated a few for Jeff and I to eat. (Because the ones the kids decorate have been licked and have piles of sprinkle on them, and well, we just don't eat them!) I loved watching the kids have so much fun making memories, and as always, they LOVED spending time with their cousins, aunties, and grandparents.

Our day followed the normal life cycle of any good cookie making day...the kids are involved, the kids lose interest, the kids start tasting, the kids get a sugar high, the kids don't nap because of that sugar high, the kids meltdown due to sugar crash and lack of nap. (And really by "kids", I mean Charlie.) Even with a dramatic ending, it was a fun and memorable day.





"Hey big kids! I want in on this action!"

Grandma made sure that Charlie got a taste of the sprinkles. I think he may have had more sprinkles than cookies!
Some of the final "masterpieces."

No comments:

Post a Comment