First, you lay out pretzels all over a baking sheet.
Always make sure you taste your ingredients!
Check out that awesome bed head!! We got to work first thing in the morning. As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to get cleaned up just to get messy again!
Then you start unwrapping Rolos.
And keep unwrapping. It took a loooooong time, but the kids stuck with it!
Place each Rolo on a pretzel.
Then keep unwrapping...while Mommy checks her email, drinks coffee, does the breakfast dishes...
Oops! One of these things is not like the other!
Bake the pretzels and Rolos in a 300 degree oven for about 4 minutes, or just long enough to get the Rolos nice and soft. Then you push a pecan onto the top of each one. All done!!
I've also done this with Hershey Kisses on pretzels then smooshed down with a holiday M&Ms. Those are very festive, but I like the caramel in these ones the best!
Check out that awesome bed head!! We got to work first thing in the morning. As far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to get cleaned up just to get messy again!In case you're looking for other recipes the kids can help with, we also made these. Happy baking!
Crunch Bars (This one ended up not being too kid friendly, but they did like laying out the saltine crackers.)
Cute idea! You always make me laugh too. :)
ReplyDelete