Thursday, August 27, 2009

I'm a shoo-in

I know some of you mommy friends of mine think you're in the running for the Mother of the Year Award, but I'm pretty sure after today, I've got it in the bag.

I took a shower this afternoon after giving Grace strict directions: "You may play in your rooms, the loft, or my room. Do not go in the bathroom." Charlie can't open doors yet (at least not the kind at our house), so I thought they would be safe. Our upstairs is quite kid friendly. After my shower, I checked in on them, and they were both playing happily, so I went back to my bathroom to finish getting ready. I came out a few minutes later and found them in the bathroom.

Charlie had Grace's toothbrush in his mouth. Kind of gross, but it happens a lot. No big deal.

He was dipping it in the toilet then putting it back in his mouth. Really, really gross.

The toilet was full of urine. Yeah, I'd say I'm a shoo-in.

3 comments:

  1. I am laughing out loud so hard right now. Still laughing. This is the best story ever! I'll engrave your name in the trophy right after mine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that when it is okay to pour hand sanitizer in your kid's mouth?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I think we've all been there with something... like a year ago when Gavin stuck his finger in his poopy diaper and put it in his mouth! I called the phone nurse on that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete