Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to the Beach!


Our family has a yearly tradition of spending a week together on the Oregon Coast. We've been going to the same beach since I was a little girl, and my Dad has been going since he was a child. We had an amazing week together. I am so blessed to be a part of a family that actually loves spending time together.

The trip got off to a stinky start when we Charlie got car sick and vomited all over himself and his carseat. We decided to turn his carseat around so he faced forward. He was quite thrilled with his new view! He kept saying, "Vroom! Vroom!" Luckily this helped the rest of the drive be uneventful.




We had great weather and spent a lot of time playing on the beach.

We took the kids to pick out a kite and had fun flying it during the few windy times.



After many failed attempts at finding shells, Jeff and I stopped at a shell store and bought a few to hide for the kids. Grace was so excited to find hers. We showed her how you could hear the ocean in the shell which she thought was very fascinating. She wanted to know if it would still work at home, and I assured her it would.

It was so fun to watch Grace and Charlie deepen their friendships with their cousins.
Who can go on vacation without a proper tea party?!?
All the little families... Megan and Jeff are expecting a little girl in December. I think seeing just how "unvacationy" vacation becomes with kids might have freaked them out a little. And the big family...

Thanks Mom and Dad for another amazing vacation!

2 comments:

  1. You are getting so good with your new camera!!! I love the beach shots-looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Jacob was one, we turned his carseat around for the first time on our way up to Whistler and he threw up the entire way. Looks like you all had fun though!

    ReplyDelete