Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Conversations with Grace

Grace is very verbal. That is the nice way of saying she talks NON STOP. Do you remember the Volvo commercial with the little girl in the backseat who keeps talking and talking and talking? That is Grace. We were at the park the other day and another mom commented on Grace's vocabulary and how clearly she speaks. I told her that she gets A LOT of practice!


Actually, one of my favorite things to do with Grace is just sit and talk. It's quite amazing to me that she is able to have a real conversation, and she usually has something quite hilarious to say. (Plus it's nice to sit down for a few minutes!) Here are some of our favorite conversations that we've had recently.


Jeff had this conversation as he was putting Grace in bed.

Grace: I'd like the door open please Daddy.
Jeff: Are you going to be a big girl and stay in your bed?
Grace: Um...maybe close the door.


Last week we had tortilla soup for dinner. Grace filled her hands with beans and chicken and flung it up into the air making a mess of the walls and floor. I took her tray away and ...

Me: Uh-oh. You must be all done eating.
Grace: Me not done eating!
Me: We don't throw food.
Grace: Gracie no throw food. Gracie go like this! (She reenacted flinging her arms up into the air.) Gracie JUGGLING!!

I searched for something to eat for lunch today as Grace munched away on her mac 'n cheese. I finally made a decision...

Me: I think I'll have some eggs.

Grace: For a little protein?

Me: (Stunned at her nutritional knowledge! =0) How did you become the smartest 2 year old around?

Grace: Me go to Issaquah.

Sometimes it's all in her timing. The other night we put her to bed at her usual bedtime, around 7:30. At 8:45 she was still banging around and talking upstairs, so Jeff went up to see what was going on. (We usually avoid going back in because she tends to get upset, but it was getting really late!) When he opened to the door, he found Grace completely naked, a wet spot on the bed, and the entire floor covered in baby wipes. Grace had one thing to say with a huge grin on her face...

"Gracie all done sleeping, Daddy!"

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious!!! You definitely see the personality come out in those conversations :)

    ReplyDelete