Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bakin' Away the Rainy Day Blues

I heard this month has been renamed Junuary and for good reason. This rain is driving me batty! New baby + insane gas prices + rainy weather = a mama with a serious case of cabin fever. We've been trying to get creative with ways to have fun inside, but after building forts, reading a gazillion books, playing with all the colors of play dough, "spelling" with magnetic letters, and dangling colorful objects in front of Charlie so long that his eyes look like they're going to pop out of his head, there is only one thing left to do...bake!



Yesterday we made banana bread. Grace is especially good at mashing up the bananas. Today we made cinnamon rolls. From scratch. (Just call me Martha!) Actually, Jeff has requested cinnamon rolls for his Father's Day breakfast, and since we have a very busy day on Saturday, I decided to try making them ahead of time and freezing them before the dough rises the second time. I'm not sure if it's going to work or not, but at least he'll know we tried! As always, Grace was very helpful!



I sure hope the sun comes out soon so I can start walking off all this baking! (The totally ironic part of all this is that AS I WAS TYPING this, the FedEx guy delivered my new BREAD MACHINE! I guess I should have waited to make that dough...oh well! Hmmmm...I wonder what we can bake in it tomorrow?)

Charlie, Mr. Always Content, doesn't seem to mind all the rain. He's just so stinking cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment