Saturday, November 17, 2007

New Bed Update

I've been informed that my last post left some friends hanging...so sorry! I'm here to give an update on the transition to the big girl bed. =)

We didn't hear a sound from Grace until about 4:40 when she started coughing. I knew that any moment she would be calling for us and/or trying to get her door open. Much to our surprise however, we heard her little footsteps running down the hall (we thought her door was closed tightly), and she came right up to our bed with a big grin on her face saying "Mama! Mama! Superman!" I'm not really sure if she had been having a strange dream or what. Superman is not a common figure in our house, but she did meet him at Toys R Us about a week ago. I took her back to bed and layed on her floor so that she would sleep. Let me say, that is not so comfortable for a pregnant lady with a hip out of joint!! She managed to sleep until 6 as long as I held her hand. It's sweet now, but at the time my arm was very sore and I just wanted to go back to my bed. =)

Nap time today was pretty normal. It took her awhile to settle in, as usual, but after about 30 minutes I heard her climb into bed and go to sleep. Of course, that only lasted about 25 minutes, but that's sort of the way Gracie naps these days!

So we're onto night 2 now and she's back asleep without a word. Hopefully her cough won't wake her up so I can stay in my own bed until the morning. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment