Apple-Carrot Muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrots (about 5 large carrots)
1 apple, peeled, cored, and shredded
1/2 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
3 eggs
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine flours, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add in the carrots, apples, and pepitas. Stir to coat. In separate bowl, mix together apple sauce, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Scoop into greased muffin tin and bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. (Mini-muffins take about 10 minutes.)
this recipe sounds awesome, I think I will have to try it!
ReplyDeletep.s. I think you are going to need a speed light for the winter : )