Tuesday, September 29, 2009

18 Months

Charlie turned 18 months old last week. Here's what I want to remember about him at this age:

-He has a tender heart. He loves to cuddle, doesn't like to be far from his mama, and blows kisses freely.
-He eats all the time. He eats more than anyone else in our house at breakfast then needs a snack an hour later. He still chants "cracker! cracker! cracker" all day long.
-He loves watching football ("ball") with his daddy. He snuggles up with Jeff, raises his hands for touchdowns, and cries when commercials come on.
-He thinks his big sister is pretty much the coolest person on earth. Whatever she does, he wants to do. This is good and bad. =)
-He is curious about everything. When he goes to a new place, he wants to look at every picture and touch anything that looks the least bit interesting.
-His mischievous grin is about the cutest thing in the whole world, and he shows it often.
-He calls most animals by the sounds they make. He's learning more animals, but many furry animals are still "woofs" and anything yellow is a duck. He suddenly really loves cows.
-He is startingto pretend. He likes to crawl around on the floor and bark like a dog. He also cooks food in the play kitchen and eats it like cookie monster.
-No matter how hard I try, I can't get him interested in cars and trucks. He's much more of a ball kid. We have A LOT of trucks that sit in the toy bins day after day untouched. The only exception is trucks with doors that open and close. The boy loves doors.
-If he does something that makes someone else laugh, his whole face lights up with a grin.

He is such a blessing and we love our little Charlie Bear!

1 comment:

  1. I love that kid! It's a great idea to write down what you love about this age... I need to be better at this! There are so many things that I think I will remember forever but, sadly, I know I won't!

    ReplyDelete