Monday, February 11, 2008

Gracie's Room

Considering that our baby boy is due in a matter of weeks, one would think that we'd be busy getting ready for his arrival. That would definetly be the logical route to take. However, we've been busy redecorating Gracie's room instead. Once she saw the paint job in her baby brother's room, she made it very clear that she wanted to have her room painted as well. My mom and I worked really hard (and I mean REALLY HARD) getting the paint just perfect, and then Gracie and I had this conversation:
"Do you like the new paint in your room?"
"Ummmm...no."
"Isn't fun that Grandma came to paint your room like baby brother's?"
"No."
"Should we take the paint off?"
"Yes."
What a stinker! She seems to have come around now and loves her new space. Which is a good thing because at this point it will probably stay as it is until she leaves for college! My mom and I have both decided that we will not be painting any stripes for a very long time.

Today we hung some of her artwork and a new mirror in her room and I have to say it's looking pretty cute. She absolutely loves the mirror and her alter ego "Nakie Girl" has had a good time dancing in front of it. (Nakie girl deserves her own post, so I won't go into detail now.) Here are some pictures of the final result...well, minus window treatments and a few family photos to come. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment