Sunday, July 29, 2007

Inspiration

Blogging is not something that I thought I would ever really try. That is, until recently when on an almost daily basis,Grace does something and I think to myself, "I wish I was recording all of this!" So here I am...recording those precious, hilarious, and sometimes unbelievable things that she does. I know the only people that will probably want to read all of this are her grandparents, and that is totally okay with me.

The event that really inspired me to get started happened a couple days ago and has had me giggling ever since. We were at my parents house celebrating Ryan's birthday. Copper was visiting as well, and for the first time Gracie had really taken a liking to him. She followed him around, teased him with her stuffed monkey, and got a look of simultaneous joy and fear every time her gave her "kisses". At one point, Gracie watched as Copper went over to his water bowl, leaned over, and lapped up a drink with his tongue. She gave him his distance, but as soon as he was done, she headed straight for the water bowl, got down on all fours, leaned over, and used her tongue to get a drink. Of course I stopped her as soon as I noticed, and as she stood up and walked away she kept saying "Mmmmm! Mmmmm! Mmmmm!" like it was the best tasting thing she had ever had. As if that wasn't enough, later that night, Copper got a hold of her water bottle. Instead of trying to get it back, she RAN straight to his water bowl and took another drink. What a funny girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment